Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, Monday...




As a retiree, it was suggested by some of my already-retired friends that every day would be Saturday and every night, Friday night. Well, I suppose it would be that way if I didn't have such a heavy class load. However, before you think I'm feeling sorry for myself, I signed on for this.

I have a Monday night class in Kokomo (an hour and forty-five minute drive one way under normal conditions...however, in Indiana's January, is there ever a "normal" day??). The class begins at 6:00 and is over at 10:00 p.m. I should be home by midnight tonight. On Tuesday night, I teach an undergraduate class on campus for IWU in Marion. It begins at 6:15, ends at 9:15. I have Wednesday off (hallelujah!), but travel to Fort Wayne on Thursday evening to the Fort Wayne Education Center (IWU) where I have a 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. class. I am finishing an online class for Indiana Tech; I'll submit the grades next Monday (the 25th) for that class, which reduces my class load by one fourth.

The Thursday night class ends on February 4th; the Monday night class ends March 1st, and the Tuesday night class continues until late April.

The good news is, I still feel like I'm contributing. I love (most of the time) the preparation and the classroom time spent with the students. I always come away feeling that I've learned something too.

So: Monday, Monday? Let it come. Like it says on my blog header, "This is the day that the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment