Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Too quiet around here...


Each morning I check my emails to take care of student correspondence, read newsletters that I subscribe to online, and see what news might have taken place overnight. Usually Miss Daisy is content to find her Nyla-bone and nestle down in a comfortable spot in the family room and gnaw away until I finish my work.

This morning I noticed that it was a little too quiet, so I went in to check on her. She apparently had discovered her baby next to her Nyla-bone and decided to abandon the bone for the baby. As one thing led to another, her baby's stuffing was too much of a temptation and found its way from the baby's inside to our family room floor. She disemboweled the little dickens.

As you can tell by her expression, she is smug in her conquest. The baby (one of her favorite toys) is half the size it was an hour ago. It is also decidedly more limp than it had been in its earlier life.

Miss Daisy is napping now. Exhausted from her morning "kill", she dreams of her next encounter and victory in the jungles of the doggie-toy veldt.


1 comment:

  1. That is great!!!! Did you take pictures of the mess???

    ReplyDelete