Thursday, October 15, 2009

Welcome to my world...

Ahhhh, so this is what it's like to blog? So far, pretty painless. The user-friendly setup was harmless, and it appears that I've selected all of the right options, so maybe I can do this after all.

Now, what to post? First of all, I'm very conservative politically, and would probably be described by some as right-wing. Well, I would consider that a compliment.

I grew up in the mid-forties and fifties; discovered girls, the Navy and VietNam in the 60's; married my wonderful wife Jo in the 70's; and, my life has been molded and shaped by God's hand. I've observed that in pottery, the clay never molds the potter...it yields to his hand. So much the better for the clay...it can become something remarkable and unique. Not by its choice, but by the one Creating.

That's been pretty much my life. I've yielded; God has shaped. Tough going at times, but always intriguing and never dull. I'm always wondering what He will add later--what embellishments or changes He might make today or tomorrow. Life is one big adventure.

I like what CS Lewis said: "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." Some things are just out of our hands. The older I become, the more that I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment