Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wii challenge...


Each year I wonder what to offer Jo for Valentine's Day. She is not hard to please, mind you. It's just that traditional gifts sometimes lose their attraction. Flowers wilt, candy is a no-no at our age (the old metabolism is slowing down, you know), and commercial cards, while nice, just lack the personal touch.

So, what to do?

This year I bought her a Wii. Romantic? Not very. Practical? Not at all. Fun? I hope so. I got the idea the other evening while dining with friends. They pulled out their Wii game and we had a ball! Jo smoked us in bowling!

While Jo has played Wii with the grandkids (we got each of our children's family a game a couple of Christmases ago), she has gotten a little frustrated that her skills were, well, unpolished. The other evening it became evident that she has caught on how to master the game. She has become a contender. She is in the zone. She can do this game.

So, ebay offered; I bid; I won; the game arrived today via FedEx. I'm going to wrap it for Jo and present it to her on Valentine's Day on Sunday.

Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment